19 Curios Things That Were Normal In The Past
Ever wondered what things were like in the past? Here are 19 pictures that will show you history totally different than you've learned it in school.
1. Beauty contest in Cliftonville, 1936
2. A suntan vending machine, USA, 1949
3. A water massager for breasts, 1930
4. Hair straightening in the 1960s
5. Customers are painting their legs at a store in London, so they can save their coupons which would otherwise be used for stockings, 1941
6. Resume, USA, 1931
7. Cocaine drops - a cure for toothache, 1885.
8. 24-year-old model Julie Desmond climbing out of the back of a Russian Moskvich 427 car, at a car trade show in 1971
9. A mobile church based on Ford T with a priest-driver, USA, 1922
10. Specially numbered gloves used to teach touch typing, USA, 1961
11. A woman in a giant frying pan with bacon tied to her feet before 7200 eggs are added to a record-breaking omelet, USA, 1931
12. Kids having fun in Great Britain, 1973
13. The automaton "Euphonia" that can imitate human speech, 1860s
14. Kids in cigarettes ads from the 1960s.
15. A baby's car seat from the 1940s.
16. "The Ghost Team"
Argentina's football team was scheduled to play against Bolivia on September 23, 1973. The team was divided into 2 groups. One group traveled to Tilcara at 2,500 m above sea level to get used to the conditions. But the Argentina FA "forgot" about the team and the team never received the first payment for funds for supplies, the hotel, and food. No one could acquire information about the squad during their stay in Tilcara. That's why they were called "The Ghost Team."