6 Types of body fat and how to get rid of it
Summer will soon be here and we'll all go nuts trying to lose some weight and look sexy on the beach. Before trying all kinds of crazy diets, read these tips on how to lose fat based on the body area where it's located.
1. Full upper body fat
The reason you accumulate body fat in this area is that you eat more calories than you burn. That means you don't exercise enough and you eat a bit too much.
- Work out more often, maybe do some daily aerobic exercises or go jogging every morning. Try to get at least 30 minutes of walking, running or swimming each day.
- Stay away from sugar. Once you lose the sweets and sugar-sweetened juices, you'll start losing weight quickly.
2. Lower abdomen fat
The fat in this area may be caused by stress, depression, and anxiety. Tips:
- Relax more. The Cortisol - the stress hormone - causes the accumulation of fat in the belly area. Start meditating, get enough sleep and keep a positive attitude.
- Drink green tea, because it's great for burning fat and also a great tonic.
3. Lower body fat
Your thighs may be bigger than the rest of your body because you may be eating too much gluten. Try a gluten-free diet and see what happens.
- Walk up hills and stairs to burn the fat on your thighs and tone your leg muscles.
- Never skip breakfast. Unless you eat in the morning and start your metabolism, you'll feel much hungrier and eventually eat more.
4. Swollen stomach
Your belly may be growing due to drinking too much alcohol. If you want a flat stomach, you should drink a bit less, or at least save the partying for the weekends.
- Cut back on alcohol, because its calories turn into belly fat.
- Instead of eating bigger quantities, eat less and more often.
5. Lower body fat, including lower legs
This is a common problem for those who have leg vein problems or pregnant women.
- To reduce the swelling you need to avoid eating salty foods.
- Make sure you move every 30 minutes and when you can, lay down with your feet up.
6. Large stomach with upper back fat
If you have body fat in this area, it's a sign that you should be exercising more.
- Get enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep may cause changes in your hormones, increase your appetite and lead to gaining weight.
- Eat food that is rich in fiber, such as whole grains, peas, beans, lentils or broccoli.