20 Clever Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
You don't need to spend a lot of money at a salon to look gorgeous every day. Here are a few beauty tips every woman should know.
1. You can make your lips appear fuller and brighter by adding a few drops of cinnamon and peppermint essential oils to your lip gloss.
2. Water-resistant makeup can be easily removed using coconut and olive oil.
3. If your foundation is too thick, thin it out by adding some moisturizer. If you want to intensify it, mix it with some liquid bronzer.
4. For a fresh, dewy tone, apply a bit of highlighter on your nose bridge, cheekbones, chin and center of the forehead. If you want to visually lift your eyebrows and eyelids, apply the highlighter above the eyebrows and blend it towards your forehead.
5. Baking soda will make your skin glow if you mix one tablespoon to your cleansing milk. Apply it on your face, massage gently for a few seconds, then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week.
6. Don't throw away your mascara when it gets dry. Add a few drops of saline solution to it, or place the tube in a bowl of hot water for 5 -10 minutes.
7. Broken powder makeup, like eyeshadow or blush, can be easily fixed by adding a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the compact. Smooth with a knife, let it dry overnight and after the alcohol evaporates, it'll look brand new.
8. When your nail polish becomes too thick, hard to open or difficult to apply, place the bottle in very hot water for a minute. Take it out, shake it, and apply it while it's still warm.
9. To get rid of the split ends of your hair without going to a salon, just twist your hair and cut all the stray hairs that are sticking out.
10. Instead of buying a dry shampoo, you can use baby powder or cornstarch.
11. To create vertical hair curls, twist sections from your hair and iron them with the straightener, from the roots towards the ends.
12. Make your hair look shiny and smooth, apply a classic skincare cream to the ends of your hair before going to bed every night.
13. When you're wearing new shoes, in order to prevent blisters, apply a bit of clear deodorant on your feet.
14. In order to keep your lashes curled longer, warm the curlers with a hairdryer for a few seconds before using them.
15. When you're polishing your nails, apply vaseline around your nails, to easily clean the excess polish once it dries.
16. The scent will last longer if before applying the fragrance, you softly rub vaseline on your perfume points.
17. To make your ponytail look thicker, tie your hair in 2 separate ponytails, one above the other.
18. To reduce the redness and inflammation of a pimple, soak a cotton pad in eye drops, put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, then gently press it on top of the zit for 15-20 minutes.
19. If you ever run out of deodorant, you can use mouthwash instead. Just apply it on a cotton pad and wipe your armpits.
20. To make your nails look healthy and shiny, put your hands in the following mix: 2 aspirin pills, a vitamin A capsule, 1 tablespoon of sea salt, a tablespoon of olive oil and 200 ml of water. Keep them in for about 10 minutes, then blot your hands with a paper towel.