Pitt Bull Dies Saving Kids From Venomous Snake

The eight-month-old pit bull died a hero, protecting his family from a venomous snake that was approaching the kids, in their garden.

Zeus was playing with the kids, outside their home in Sumter County, Florida, when a coral snake approached the boys. They hadn't seen it coming, but Zeus jumped into action and defended the kids. Sadly, the puppy got bitten and lost his life, as the coral snake is very venomous.

"All of a sudden, he started attacking the snake which was close to my son and he was bitten four times. I knew when he first came in that something was wrong and (it) was very traumatic because I knew he was dying", the father said.

The Richardson family rushed Zeus to the vet, hoping the antivenom will work and the puppy will get better. But sadly, the dog died the following day. Coral snakes have the second-strongest venom, are highly venomous and very dangerous. Their bite can result in paralysis - including paralysis of the breathing muscles - with respiratory collapse being the primary cause of death.

If your dog ever gets bitten by a snake, you should rush it to the vet immediately. Drooling, inability to bark, diarrhea, convulsions are some of the symptoms your animal might show, but they may be delayed by up to 18 hours after the bite.

Even though Zeus was immediately taken to the vet, the puppy passed away, leaving his family heartbroken.

"Pitbulls are the most loyal dog I know of, and I've had a lot of different animals in my life," his owner said.

Gina Richardson agrees and adds that "If you treat them right, they would give their life for you and I owe my son's life to him."

Such a good boy. Rest in peace.

Liked this? Share it with your friends!