Study Shows That Manuka Honey Kills More Bacteria Than All Available Antibiotics
This superfood is a natural, very powerful antibiotic. Read more here!
Australian researchers have found that the Manuka honey is better than all known antibiotics. This type of honey is made by bees that forage on the nectar of the Manuka bushes in New Zealand and tea trees that are native to Australia & New Zealand.
According to the researchers who have studied this honey, it is more effective at killing bacteria, than any other type of antibiotic. While bugs usually build up resistance to antibiotics, the ones killed by the Manuka honey haven't been able to build up immunity.
The report, published in European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, shows that Manuka honey killed almost every bacteria and pathogen it was tested on. According to Dr. Dee Carter from the University of Sydneyâs School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, its superpower comes from some particular compounds (like methylglyoxal) that kill the bacteria before being able to adapt and build up immunity.
The Benefits Of The Manuka Honey
- It's a powerful antioxidant.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- It is a great antibacterial.
- It has an antiviral effect.
- It's the most powerful natural antibiotic.
- It boosts your immunity.
- It kills even the toughest superbugs, such as the life-threatening methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- It prevents and treats cancer.
- It lowers your cholesterol.
- It treats chronic inflammation.
- It treats diabetes.
- It treats gastrointestinal problems.
- It cures eye, ear and sinus infections.
- It quickly cures wounds and leg ulcers.